Sometimes you want to make something a little fancier for the mutants in your life. A crown roast of pork is a fantastic and delicious way to do that. It’s also pretty expensive. The solution? Stuffed spareribs. They look great, they taste amazing and the ingredients won’t have you go harvesting kidneys to pay for them.
- Dutch Oven
- Butcher's Twine
- 1 rack Spareribs (trimmed)
- 2 tbsp Rib Rub
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce (optional)
- 2 stalks Celery (chopped)
- 1 whole Medium Onion (chopped)
- 1 20oz can Pineapple tidbits in juice or syrup (reserve juice)
- 2 cups Packaged seasoned stuffing
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 325°
- Season spareribs on both sides using the rib rub.
- Tie spareribs in a circle using the twine (you may need someone to help you if they keep coming apart as you tie)
- Place spareribs in center of dutch oven and cook uncovered for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook the celery and onion in the olive oil until tender. You can use butter if you prefer for extra flavor.
- Prepare stuffing according to box and then mix together with the celery, onions and pineapple. Add reserved juice to moisten.
- Spoon dressing into the circle of ribs. If you have extra, place it around the outside.
- Continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes or until ribs are done.
- Slice between ribs and serve with the dressing.